By Ritah Mukasa
The festive season is here again. This is a good time to perfect your cooking skills.
Today, Michael Mutenza, the Executive chef at Eureka Place Hotel in Ntinda teaches you how to make yoghurt.
He says yoghurt is a good source of vitamins and minerals including riboflavin, zinc, selenium and magnesium.
Selenium and magnesium produce immune cells and help protect them against damage.
How to make homemade yoghurt
You need a litre or two of fresh whole milk.
1. Boil it at a low temperature as you stir using a spatula or spoon.
2. Let it simmer for at least 15 minutes then remove it from the heat.
3. Close the lid and let it cool.
4. After, add in four tablespoons of plain yoghurt and stir until it mixes well.
5. Cover with a tight lid and set it aside for not less than 10 hours.
After, your yoghurt will be ready.
6. Add a drop of your favourite flavor like strawberry or vanilla and stir.
7. Also, add sugar according to your taste and chill it in the fridge.