This meal is an absolute delicacy at home. I am aware it would make some fat-squeamish people flinch at the sight of all this creaminess resulting from a combination of cheese, cream and butter.
But for someone doing a keto diet or someone who loves tasty creamy food, this is a meal to die for.
You will also like the fact that you do not necessarily need to have spinach in your fridge to consider it among your dinner options, because you can always substitute the spinach with many other alternatives, such as kale, sukuma wiki, broccoli, cauliflower or even cabbage.
These vegetables are what makes this dish a complete meal.
You do not even need to prepare a side of rice, potatoes or matooke to serve along with it.
Again, like I say about these high fat meals, you can reduce the fattiness by substituting the cream with chicken stock or leaving out the cheese altogether.
- Blend two garlic cloves, ginger, salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary and the olive oil to create a marinade. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for eight minutes or until chicken is easy to move and edges are opaque.
- Flip the chicken over, cover the pan and lower heat to medium-low. Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet, cover and set aside. In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of butter and sauté the onions over medium heat for three minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the remaining garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the cream and let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for three minutes or until just wilted, then add the cheese.
- Return chicken breasts to the skillet to simmer with the sauce for about three to four minutes before serving.
- 1 Kg chicken breasts
- 1 cub Jesa cream
- 2 tablespoon Jesa butter
- 2 tablespoon of Olive oil
- 1 thumb-sized ginger
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 onion, diced
- 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 250g spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Compiled by Rogers Balamaga