If you have a family with children, the simple bacon egg cups are about to make you much more loved at home today.
Those who have been following this column for a while should be familiar with my love for bacon. It is one of those things one can never go wrong with because everything tastes better with bacon.
If it was more affordable, it would be a must have on every breakfast. It is not just for its mouthwatering taste, but the health benefits it has, like the fact that bacon contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are the same nutrients found in fish.
The fatty acids have a variety of benefits, including fighting depression and anxiety, good eyesight, promoting brain health during pregnancy and early life and improved heart health, among others.
Bacon contains many nutrients called choline, which, according to studies has been shown to improve memory, learning speeds and brain cell size. It may even help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
See why you all need a little more bacon in your lives?
So, here is our bacon egg cups recipe. If you are on a keto diet, this just slips perfectly into your meal plan.
1. Grab a muffin tray and grease it with melted butter to stop the bacon and eggs from sticking
2. Put one slice of bacon into each muffin slot, making sure that the bacon is wrapped around the sides and not on the bottom of the tin
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs and season them with salt, pepper and rosemary
4. Using a measuring cup, fill the muffin tray slots lined with bacon with the egg mixture, then top it with the grated cheese
5. Put the tray in the oven for 20 minutes at 180oC. When they emerge, they will be bubbling with yummy goodness and they will expand like actual muffins but they will collapse moments out of the oven, which is fine
6. After they have cooled, scoop them out of the tray with a silicon spatula and serve
- 6 large eggs
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoonfuls of butter
- 1 teaspoonful of rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of cheese (grated)
- Salt and pepper to taste