Hass avocado starts fruiting at 16 months for serious farmers, that is when all agronomical practises have been met e.g. buying good seedlings, timely planting at the onset of rains, timely manure application, timely application of pesticides in case of any infections (very rare) and provision of water during the dry season. For casual and mother nature farmers, 1st commercial harvest will come at between 2.5 to 3 years.
Yields and return on investment
Expected yields rise from 50 fruits at 2.5 years, and peak yields rising to 3,000 fruits per tree at 10 years, yields increase as the tree grows bigger in size. Below, you will find expected yields from 2 years to years. The life span of a Hass Avocado tree is 30 years, and the plantation can be cut down, and sprouts again like coffee trees without replanting.
Yields from 2-10 years • 2nd year harvest of 50 fruits per tree, 8,300 fruits per acre (2 tonnes) monetary value sh 5,810,000
• 3rd year harvest 200 fruits per tree, 33,200 fruits per acre (8.3 tonnes) monetary value sh23,240,00
• 4th year 400 fruits per tree, 66,400 fruits per acre (16.6 tonnes) monetary sh46,480,000
• 5th year 800 fruits per tree, 132,800 fruits per acre (33.2 tonnes) monetary value sh92,960,000
• 6th year 1000 fruits per tree, 166,000 fruits per acre (41,500 tonnes) monetary value sh116,200,000
• 7th year 1100 fruits per tree, 182,600 fruits per acre (45.6 tonnes) monetary value sh127,820,000
• 8th year 1300 fruits per tree, 215,800 fruits per acre (53.9 tonnes) monetary value sh151,000,000
• 9th year 1500 fruits per tree, 249,000 fruits per acre (62.2 tonnes) monetary value sh174,300,000
• 10th year 1750 fruits per tree, 290,500 fruits per acre (72.6 tonnes) monetary value sh203,350,000.