You would be surprised to know how easy it is to make your own jam, strawberry syrup or even strawberry flavoured milk.
I like trying out different concoctions of cocktails, and strawberry syrup is one of the ingredients I use a lot. But if you use it quite often, then you know it is not exactly cheap.
It is easy to make because you only need three ingredients.
If you ever need to make strawberry syrup, jam or strawberry-flavoured milk, simply follow these steps.
How to make strawberry syrup
2 cups strawberries cut into quarters
1 cup regular sugar
1 cup water
Steps to follow
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the strawberries into saucepan and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until strawberries are mushy and sauce is thick. This may take another 10 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a bottle and refrigerate.
- Do not discard the strained residues because you can use that as bread spread, add your pancakes or even plain yogurt to get strawberry yogurt
Compiled by Rogers Balamaga