Onions are one of those food items you can use for more than just cooking. Onions consist mostly of water and fiber.
Dr. Nicholas Nsubuga, a specialist from a personal clinic in Kansanga, Kampala, details the benefits of onions;
- Onions are medicine and help in reducing risks of cancer, lower blood sugar in the body and improve bone health.
- Onions make burned rice edible because it improves the taste of the rice food.
- They are used for cleaning door and window glasses and rusty knives.
- They help in reducing big berries among people because of its fiber content.
- Preserve avocados not to go bad.
- Add and improve taste and flavour when eaten raw for people who have low appetite.
- To control bad odour in smelly rooms, cut an onion and spread it around.
However, did u know that onions can be dangerous to your health if too much of it is eaten? They can also cause bad breath and eye irritation.