Okay, before you are put off by the name, this is basically chicken and pasta in creamy sauce. It is another one of those dishes that sound complicated and yet so simple to make, if you have all the ingredients. Often times, I meet people who tell me they love my recipes, but the ingredients are not easy to find. I know these people are going to look at this say, “Ah there, another one of them.”
But people, where is your sense of adventure? Do you want to eat the same food year in, year out? I get these ingredients from the same markets and supermarkets you do your shopping. For this particular one, for example, the only hard thing to find may be cheese (which you can still find in most supermarkets). However, I bet you can get all the other ingredients from any shop.
Buy some cheese and try out this chicken tetrazzini. If you don’t like it, your children will, and your partner (if any) will rate you the catch of the century. You don’t even have to tell them you got the recipe from Rogers’ Bites.
- ½kg chicken fillet, diced
- 250g pasta
- Grated parmesan (or cheddar) cheese
- 4 tablespoonful of butter (divided into 2)
- 1l of milk
- 250g mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoonful of all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoonful of paprika
- 2 tablespoonful of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoonful of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup fresh peas
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil for garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika, then heat ½ the butter in a large saucepan and sear the chicken until it turns golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside. In the same pan, melt the remaining butter over medium-high heat and add mushrooms, red pepper, onion and garlic. Cook while stirring for about 5 minutes until tender before adding the flour as you stir gently.
- Gradually whisk in milk then Worcestershire, salt and pepper and let it boil. Add the pasta and peas and let it cook on low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the cheese and chicken, stirring until chicken is hot and cheese is melted. Serve.