Chickens will not always fatten up on feed alone, but feeds remain a key factor in increasing the body weight in your broiler chicken. You can supplement what you give the chicken to help it fatten up more. Cracked corn, whole wheat and soy can be fed to chickens throughout the day. These items help to pack on the weight.
The truth is that, if your broilers do not grow bigger or have good body weights, then do not expect much profit or have it at the back of your mind that you run at a loss. Nevertheless, you can still do something to increase your broilers’ live body weight or make your broiler chicken grow bigger.
John Verhock, the area manager Koudijs and Nutrition BV, guides on how to make broilers add more weight without incurring an additional cost as listed below.
1. Sort the broilers according to their body size and weight
2. Formulate and give them an excellent broiler feed.
3. Use a broiler growth promoter or enhancer.
4. Avoid starving the broiler chickens
5. Procure quality broiler chicks from reputable sources.