- Employ guards to take care of the farm throughout.
- Mark all your animals with numbers or initials for easy identification.
- Take stock of the animals at the farm. This will enable you to easily track what is missing and how it went out.
- Create only one sales outlet at the farm. Multiple outlets weaken controls.
- You can have local security committees to carry out patrols at night all over the village. This is because most are stolen at night.
- Even if you do not live on the farm, make sure that you get involved in all the activities at your farm.
- Have a clear method of selling off your produce. Receipts for every sale should be a must.