- Use a container with a rounded bottom and a mouth wider than the bottom with a very smooth inner surface. Many plastic containers are suitable.
- Place a small quantity of water (about a tablespoonful) in a cooking pot and put on the fire.
- Do not melt beeswax in a dry container. It should not be exposed to fire because it burns easily and can be damaged by too much heat. Melt beeswax and all bee combs outdoors.
- Add all the beeswax and watch carefully as wax melts down. Remove it from the fire immediately after the last lump of wax has melted. Put our melted beeswax into the mould and place in a cool, dry place to cool.
- Remove the cakes of beeswax the following morning.
- The dark material collected at the bottom can be removed with a knife and can be sold to a shoemaker. The clean raw beeswax is ready for the market