- Buy seeds from only registered and certified seed dealers. The store must have a license certificate prominently pinned up. Then get a receipt after the purchases.
- Realise that seeds expire so, read the words on the cover and look for things like variety of the seed and the expiry date.
- They should not be stored under damp, wet conditions because they may germinate or rot before they are planted. They are best kept wrapped under normal house temperatures.
- Read and understand the planting directions, including how many seeds per hole and spacing.
- Make sure that you plant at the beginning of the rainy season in case you do not have an irrigation scheme on your farm.