For some people, gaining weight can be just as difficult as losing weight. However, a few activities and adding a certain food to your diet can make your weight gain efforts both healthy and more effective.
Dr Sulaiman Musa Musoke from Glorious Clinic Namasuba on Entebbe Road, says most people do not know what foods to eat when they lose lots of weight. This makes them keep thin for a long period of time, leading to loss of hope to gain the original weight back.
Some specific food elements are advised to be included on your menu for better results in gaining weight fast. These include;
- Milk. Milk has been used as a weight gainer for years. It provides a good balance of proteins, carbs, fats and is a good source of calcium as well as other vitamins and minerals. Try drinking one or two glasses of whole milk with a meal or before and after your training.
- Whole eggs. Eggs are one of the healthiest muscle building foods in the world. They provide a great combination of high quality proteins and health fats. The most beneficial nutrients in an egg are in the yolk. They can cab be eaten together with any other meat, salads and many others.
- Healthy fats and oils. Full fat yogurt, healthy cereals, avocados and fruits are one of the most important foods to include on your menu if you want to gain weight fast.
- Drinking water. Water is an important item in building muscles fast although it is advised that water should taken before or after taking food to control competition for space in your stomach.
- Take food in time and do not allow yourself to get hungry, eat whenever you feel like. This gives no spaces for ulcers in one’s stomach.
- Make exercises to make the body sweat and ask for more food to help you gain the necessary weight.